Quantcast
Sign up & receive $25 off your first order

ArteNOM Seleccion 1146 Tequila Anejo

ArteNOM Seleccion 1146 Tequila Anejo

'Attractive, creamy, oaky aromas of caramelized tropical fruit, butterscotch and leather, mint and oregano... An oak forward tequila to sip and ponder.' 
91 Points - Tastings.com

$129.00 Per Bottle

|

$129.00 (Buy 1 or More)

+
BOTTLE(S)
Winery Direct: Dispatched in 3-5 days. More info
$129.00
DESCRIPTION
  • In the ever-expanding world of Tequila, each distillery is given a unique code or NOM. ArteNOM is a bit like a wine Negociant, selecting various distillations from different distilleries and bottling them under their own label, or 'seleccion.' Each number on the ArteNOM bottles represents the distillery and provenance of the Tequila.

    Seleccion 1146 is an Anejo tequila from Distillery Tequilena in Antotenico El Alto, Jalisco, where an elevation of 1400 metres, is still classified as 'lowland.' Master distiller Enrique Fonseca crafts this tequila from his vast holdings of agave, and then ages it oak for three years. The result is a rich and complex tequila, ideal for sipping at the end of a meal.

  • WINEMAKER'S NOTES

    100% Blue Agave. 60% aged in French oak for 2 years, with the other 40% seeing 3 years in French oak. This is then blended back together, and rests for a further year in ex-bourbon casks.

    TASTING NOTES

    Dark gold in colour. Rather than dominate the nose, the solid oak is the supporting platform for the other aromas in the mix which include roasted agave, cinnamon, caramel, almond, and raisin. The palate brings rich spicy tones with some of the richer notes from the entry subsiding a bit in the midpalate to make way for a bit of herbaceousness including oregano, jalapeño pepper, and salt. Here we also get a touch of ginger and a boost in the white pepper and oak. The finish is long and captures the spiciness and oak character that you'd expect from a quality anejo.

  • REVIEWS

    'Pale amber color. Attractive, creamy, oaky aromas of caramelized tropical fruit, butterscotch and leather, mint and oregano, and toasted marshmallow with a thick, lively, dry-yet-fruity medium-to-full body and a tingling, intricate, long creamy cashew butter, steak seasoning, salted grapefruit peel, and roobois tea finish. An oak forward tequila to sip and ponder.'
    91 Points - Tastings.com