The House was founded by Adriano Ramos Pinto in 1880. The excellent quality of the wines and the innovative packaging, supported by an advertising campaign based on posters by some of the most famous artists of the time, led to the early success and notoriety of Ramos Pinto. Today, as majority shareholders, the Louis Roederer Family Group perpetuates the policy of quality by continuing to invest in varietal research and viticultural methods combined with respect for tradition and service. Among Port producers, Ramos Pinto has the largest holding of estate vineyards proportionate to wine produced. The Quintas are located in the delimited areas of Cima-Corgo for Quinta do Bom-Retiro and Quinta do Urtiga, and Douro Superior for Quinta da Ervamoira.