Quantcast
Sign up & receive $25 off your first order

Wolfburn Aurora Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Wolfburn Aurora Single Malt Scotch Whisky

'I continue to be blown away by this newcomer; marked in its competitive set.' 
Dave Broom, ScotchWhisky.com

$109.99 Per Bottle

|

$109.99 (Buy 1 or More)

+
BOTTLE(S)
Winery Direct: Dispatched in 3-5 days. More info
$109.99
DESCRIPTION
  • Named after the crystal clear waters that feed the distillery (Burn is the Scottish word for stream), Wolfburn is the northern-most distillery on the Scottish mainland, located in Thurso, Caithness. Built on the same site as the original Wolfburn Distillery, which was operating in the 1820s, the distillery went back on spirit in 2013. Headed up by Shane Fraser of Glenfarclas fame, and Iain Kerr from Glenlivet, Wolfburn is an exciting new addition into the Scotch malt whisky landscape.

    Aurora is Wolfburn's second expression. It starts its life in the same way as Northland, but then it is given a different maturation process. 80% of the new-make spirit goes into ex-bourbon casks, while the remaining 20% goes into ex-oloroso sherry hogsheads. At the end of the maturation process the casks are brought together to create an exceptionally smooth and perfectly balanced dram.

  • WINEMAKER'S NOTES

    This beautiful sherried whisky is made from spirit laid down in a combination of ex-bourbon and Oloroso sherry casks. Benefitting from long fermentation and slow, gentle distillation, the spirit is laid down on site in our purpose-built warehouses. At the end of the maturation process the casks are brought together to create an exceptionally smooth and perfectly balanced dram. Non chill-filtered, bottled at 46% ABV.

    TASTING NOTES

    Sherry sweetness is followed by aromas of freshly cut grass and autumn fruits, with just a hint of coffee and dark chocolate. On the palate, floral tones come to the fore, with overtones of spice and vanilla. Fruity sweetness coats the palate, with fruit and nut flavours leading to a warm, soft finish.

  • REVIEWS